AGE-SW Doctoral Student Committee
Welcome to the Student Nook! This space serves as a resource for student members of AGESW.
Why become a student member?
The benefits of being a an AGESW student member include access to:
- Print and/or electronic copies of the organization’s publication the Journal of Gerontological Social Work (JGSW). The JGSW is distributed in 8 issues per year and often includes special issues or featured topics.
- Access to mentorship by AGESW members. If you are a current student member interested in finding a mentor in the field of social work who shares your interests, complete the AGESW Mentorship Request Form.
- An invitation to our annual gatherings. Each fall AGESW hosts an annual reception at the Geronotological Society of America (GSA) Scientific Meeting. The reception includes the announcement of organizational awards, a book raffle, lots of food, and plenty of networking opportunities!
- Opportunities to gain community service experience by serving on our AGESW committees. This organization relies on the dedicated work of many volunteers to maintain our newsletter, social media, and host annual events. As a student member, gain experience and mentorship through joining one of our many committees.
- Online educational resources. Each spring, AGESW hosts a spring webinar that can be accessed by all student members. Topics covered in the webinar will vary each year depending on the interests of current members. Recent topics include publishing in peer-reviewed journals, preparing for the dissertation, going on the job market, etc.
- Access to the AGESW Student Members Facebook page. Student Board Representatives use our facebook page to share information opportunities, resources, and build community among our student members.
Gain access to these benefits and become a part of our community by registering as a student member now!